practicing some soaping techniques

I felt the urge to be creative.  I've been watching lots of videos on soaping techniques and felt like trying some of them.  I thought I would try the tiger stripe again, the spoon swirl and the tilted tiger stripe.

I've done the tiger stripe before and loved it so I attempted it again using a black raspberry vanilla fragrance.  The batter was a bit too fluid to do my fluffy tops so I just swirled it a little.




I used my favorite color combination and I'm so happy with how these turned out.  There may be some vanilla in the fragrance oil because my beautiful white is slowly turning to a cream color.  It may eventually go darker.  The tops ended up being very sticky so I had to trim them off.  I kind of like rectangular bars.  Sometimes it's nice not to go fluffy.

My next one was going to be a spoon swirl.  I had some champagne sugar fragrance oil to try and a new palm free recipe too.  I can't wait for it to cure.  I thought I would go pastel with this one and bling it up with some glitter.  What a fun technique!  The soap recipe behaved perfectly too.  I used olive, coconut, avocado, castor, and cocoa butter.  Gotta have the castor oil in this one!  I also used 2% sodium lactate to harden it up and it was a breeze to unmold 12 hours later.







These smell sweet and the pastel color seems to compliment the fragrance.  Just a quick test with a scrap and the lather is silky and creamy.

Last, but not least I attempted a tilted tiger stripe.  I soaped a little warm and my batter got thick so I had to change up the game plan a little and had to throw in a spoon swirl at the top.  I think it turned out great!  I picked my color scheme first and then chose aloe vera and cucumber as my fragrance.  This would be perfect as a peppermint scented soap too.  I could really go for some mint chocolate chip ice cream right now!



I had so much fun making these and have more ideas in my head!  No videos for these as I really had no time to talk and made a good mess each time.

Happy Soaping!

Comments

  1. I love them all! Nice job. I especially love the first one - the colors and the stripes are superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that one is my favorite too. Love those colors!

      Delete
  2. They all look beautiful and creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three soaps are gorgeous Milla but I LOVE the tiger stripe.....my favorite colors, black, white and hot pink! I also love the tall shape of your soaps.

    Blessings,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tiger stripe soap smiles :) All your soaps are beautiful, but there is something about that tilted tiger stripe. I just love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative and this soap is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicate and beautiful! Difficult to choose one I like mostly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three soaps are goregous, Milla! I especially like the tilted tiger stripe. I've done the regular tiger stripe and I really like it, too. I must try the tilted tiger stripe, though - what a neat effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Cant wait to see your soap if you try the technique!

      Delete
  8. They are all beautiful, I like all colours, but my fave is the last one! Don't tell me about ideas, my head is going to blow up from accumulating ideas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your first soap is quite psychedelic, very cool! The pastels are so pretty and really play up the sparkles, or maybe it's the other way around. I can definitely imagine your last soap with a peppermint scent, that suits it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous!! :) I have a weak spot for black and white soaps - such a perfect balance of classy and flashy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing superb information. I’m impressed by the info that you’ve on this website. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Custom Soap Boxes are really useful for all kinds of soap products.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Packaging boxes are available to boost your sales in the market. Moreover, you can avail all custom designs, sizes, and shapes in French Fries Boxes Wholesale available in the market. However, the nature of the French fries boxes demands an oil phobic box. It is only possible when the foiling or lamination or any coating or glossy, matte, or AQ/UV spotting is available.
    Bath Bomb Boxes now!
    Mascara Boxes
    Nail Polish Boxes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts