For my first attempt I totally overheated the soap and ended up with an oily mess. For my second attempt my soap batter got too thick and I couldn't swirl it at all. For my third and final attempt the soap batter was too runny, but at least I was able to spin it. Honestly, I'm just not a fan of slab molds or slab soap designs. My tops get sticky or full of ash and I don't like that. I usually cut the tops off.
I scented the soap with Brambleberry's blackberry sage since it behaves so well. I colored it with peacock, 3 olive martini, and vanna white from mad oils. Also black pearl from nurture soap supplies. I'm pretty sure I used a lot and my soap pouf thing will be very colored!
I was thrilled with the top and was hoping the inside would be just as beautiful.
But then I think I overheated it and the top went haywire! Nooooo!
So I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best when I cut it.
Well, not too shabby. This was definitely a fun challenge and it actually gave me some ideas for future soap designs. I absolutely love the color combination and love that there are really unique designs in the soap. I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with!