I'm Crochet Obsessed!

My latest obsession is crocheting.  I can't believe I forgot that I knew how to crochet.  I learned a long time ago before high school.  I've made afghans in the past, but those always took so long and I lost interest.  This was also before YouTube and internet!  Okay, there was internet, but not idea sharing or anything.

My poor knee has been injured all summer and I was pretty much going crazy and decided the one thing I can do is crochet.  It's perfect to keep the brain occupied and my mind off my injury.  I'm still injured, but luckily I can cross-country ski this winter and keep me half sane.

So far I've made hats, scarves, a poncho, a cocoon shawl/wrap, and a lapghan.  I don't have any pictures right now, but will hopefully get some up.  Now I'm into making sweaters.  I haven't completed one yet, but I'm in the process.  I would say knitting a sweater is probably the better option since I think it has drape better and use less yarn.  But, I can't knit for the life of me so I'm making it a personal challenge to crochet some sweaters.

My first sweater was going to be a boat neck sweater that I found on the Yarnspirations website HERE.  It's rated Easy and I would agree with that.  I really didn't like the yarn they chose for it so I switched to Bernat Big Ball Baby Sport yarn in Baby Taupe found HERE.  I was making a size small when I realized too late that it would be too small for me.  I prefer my sweaters a little oversized.  So I took it all apart (sniffle) and restarted again, but instead I thought a grit stitch would be nice.  I wasn't quite halfway done with the first panel when I realized I didn't like the look.  So I took it apart AGAIN!  Now I'm left with rolled up balls of yarn staring at me.  I will try again in a size medium.  I of course have to make some modifications by adding ribbing along the top, bottom, and the bottom of the sleeves.  I'll show you when I'm done (if I ever start).


My current project is based on a sweater designed by Lion Brand Yarn Company called Simply Constructed Pullover found HERE.  Once again, I just wasn't a fan of the yarn they choose called Modern Baby Yarn.  The colors were all primary colors and I really wanted to make a neutral sweater.  I chose a basic yarn called Red Heart With Love yarn that I bought HERE in tan.  I consider it a bulky level 4 yarn compared with other level 4 yarns. I'm using a J hook for my pattern.  The gauge is different so I did have to modify the pattern a bit.  I'm still debating the sleeves on the sweater.  I'll have to see what I come up with in my final design.  I'll do a future post if it turns out!



I've completely talked myself out for now.  I need to go and finish my sweater!

Comments

Popular Posts