adventures in rain and snow

I know I should be posting photos of my White Christmas soap, but I just can't seem to capture it.  I think I tried once and gave up.  It's a white soap with glitter and I need to think about how I should show it.  Until then, I thought I would share some photos of some of my adventures and food.

The weather has been all over the place, but at least the temperatures have been nice for winter.  Moderate or mild I guess I would say.

I went on a nice trail run before I ate my Thanksgiving dinner.  It's kind of a tradition for me and my husband to hike before a holiday.  He wasn't able to go so I went for a run by myself and enjoyed the scenery.

   
Next came the rain thanks to the Pineapple Express weather system out in California.  I never thought I would see the sun again or that the rain would ever end.  I suppose I'm being a little bit dramatic....  But, we were troopers and got dressed in our rain gear to go see a bike film.  We HAD to ride our bikes!  To top it off it was dark so we had lots of lights on our bikes!  It turned out to be so much fun and I'm so glad we did it.  


Next came the snow!  We both love snow because that means cross country skiing!  What better place to ski than in the mountains.  It felt like a winter wonderland and it was so refreshing.


Next came more rain and rain and rain!  I'm not sure how much we had, but I was very happy to finally see the sun again.  To celebrate I made homemade tomato soup and homemade bread for my grilled cheese sandwich.  I just love comfort food.


Today I woke up to another sunny day and knew I had to enjoy it and recharge my body and brain.  There was frost on the plants and the sun was making an appearance.  These trees caught my eye and somehow they seemed beautiful to me.  


I will leave you with this as I decide what to make for dinner tonight.  Maybe some soup (not soap).

Comments

Popular Posts