Phew! Barely made it in time spoon swirl!

I've been joining Amy's soap challenge almost monthly, but haven't actually made the soaps for the challenges.  So today I woke up and said "Dang it, I'm making soap!"

Sneak peak!  I just have to put a picture at the top for you.


Okay, what was I saying?  Oh yeah...

I love the spoon swirl.  I've done it before and it's just a fun way to swirl.  I decided to use a new palm free recipe because I was too lazy to melt my palm oil to measure it.  ha!  I decided to use olive oil, coconut oil, mango butter, and castor oil.  I also used Brambleberry's blackberry and sage fragrance.  It's an interesting fruity, but not too fruity, scent.  The sage seems to ground it and make it a little herbal too.

Here is my setup.


So much stuff for one tiny loaf!  I decided to go with my favorite color combination of white, black, and hot pink.  To be honest, I don't have many colors and I know these work together.  Blackberry sage is a great fragrance to use for this because it's clear and while my soap thickened a bit, it never got any thicker than pudding.  It was the perfect thickness for a spoon swirl.  Not too thin and not too thick.  I also used 1% sodium lactate and a 35% lye concentration since I like to cut the soap the same day I make it.  I had music on in the background and I thoroughly enjoyed this challenge.

Here's what it looks like in the mold before I put it in the oven to gel.


I put my usual glitter, pearls, and candies on top.  I can't wait to see what this looks like when I cut it (I'm writing this post before I cut it).  
I was able to cut it less than 12 hours later and I was so excited to see all of the swirls!  When I did the spoon swirl, I swirled it one way and then the other to get kind of a mixed type of swirl.  Every soap is different too.  



I hope you give this type of soaping method a try because it's so much fun.  Happy soaping!

Comments

  1. One of my very favourite colour combinations, and the swirls are awesome! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think I will ever get sick of this color combo! :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty swirls and striking colors! Glad you entered this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad I entered too. It's always fun to be challenged to make a soap design. It gives me some much needed inspiration.

      Delete
  3. It turned out fabulous!! So glad you made yourself do it! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I'm so glad I did this challenge. Thank you for the opportunities to learn new techniques and also being able to see what everyone else is making too. I always look forward to your challenges.

      Delete
  4. Such pretty swirls and yummy tops! Blackberry Sage is one of my most favorite scents, too. LOVE it. Do you mind sharing what hot pink colorant you used? I have yet to find a deeper hot pink like yours. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As for the hot pink color, I just found out from Majestic Mountain Sage's website that the manufacturer has discontinued the colorant! I originally got it from WSP and it was called Neon Tutti Fruity Dye Powder. I saw that MMS had some left and they call it Corona Magenta Day-Glo Color (INCI: Polyester 3, Red 28). I haven't tried any other bright pink color to compare.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing, Milla! I appreciate it. It's such a pretty bright pink. My kiddoes would love it!

      Delete
  5. Just love the Colours and the swirl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fabulous! It almost like Neopolitan ice cream and I love your toppings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought I would put on some cake toppings for this one.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous and striking -- it's like a party in soap! What are the little pearls and sprinkles made of? Are they both candy? I've been trying to figure out how to make soap pearls, but maybe I'm over-thinking it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got the pearls and candy sprinkles from the cake decorating section at Michael's. The glitter is from the soap section (soap safe). I love browsing the cake and soap section for ideas. I think Amy had a tutorial on how to make your own soap balls. You could roll those in a sparkly mica if you wanted larger soap balls.

      Delete
  8. Hi Milla, this totally looks like an icecream bar! A very yummy one at that. The pink colour is out of this world. Sorry to hear it's discontinued, what a bummer. Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lucky for me I have another small packet of my pink colorant!

      Delete
  9. Wow, those swirls look awesome! I love the color combo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that pink! The top looks great too ! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pink is bright isn't it?? It almost glows! It's hard not to get the top too muddled when doing a swirl, but I like how it turned out. Glitter and toppings always help too. :)

      Delete
  11. That is a stunning soap....... love those colours together :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ditto on the joining but not entering - until this month :-D Yours was SOOOO much more successful than mine tho'. It's stunning - I adore the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful soap Milla! Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stumbled upon your blog. I don't know much about soap making, but this looks really cool! I've been showing my friends all morning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing superb information. I’m impressed by the info that you’ve on this website. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Custom Soap Boxes are really useful for all kinds of soap products.

    ReplyDelete

  16. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts