My First Crocheted Blanket

One of my first projects I made was a "Chunky Icelandic Crochet Blanket" designed by Jessica from Mama In A Stitch.  The pattern can be found HERE.  I instantly fell in love with the design because it was so pretty, yet simple, and most of all, something I could make!  


It's made using Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick chunky level 6 yarn in Fisherman.  I found mine at Joann Fabrics.  I used 10 skeins total.  It's designed with the "Lemon Peel" stitch, which alternates single and double crochets.  The result is a lovely, lightly textured blanket.  I love it!  


I was supposed to use a size P (11.5 mm) hook, but I got confused when I was buying my hook.  I was still unfamiliar with hook sizes and the importance of them in the final product.  I accidentally bought a P/Q (15 mm) hook at Hobby Lobby.  I should've looked at JoAnn Fabrics first and bought THIS instead.  I think it resulted in my blanket being a little looser, but I still love it.  I see myself making another one in the future with a P hook.


The final size for my blanket was 40 inches wide by 68 inches long.  It's just wide enough and long enough to take a nap under or lay on top of my bed to keep me extra cozy at night.  It's 20% wool and has a heaviness to it that really clings to me to keep me warm.  Did I mention I love it?  I highly recommend the pattern for beginners and it was written perfectly.  

Comments

Popular Posts