Spinning Swirl Soap Challenge

This month's soap challenge by Amy from Great Cakes Soapworks was the spinning swirl.  It looked pretty dang easy on Amy's tutorial, but I found it to be a challenge!  It took me three attempts to get something that resembled the spinning swirl.

For my first attempt I totally overheated the soap and ended up with an oily mess.  For my second attempt my soap batter got too thick and I couldn't swirl it at all. For my third and final attempt the soap batter was too runny, but at least I was able to spin it.  Honestly, I'm just not a fan of slab molds or slab soap designs. My tops get sticky or full of ash and I don't like that.  I usually cut the tops off.

I scented the soap with Brambleberry's blackberry sage since it behaves so well.  I colored it with peacock, 3 olive martini, and vanna white from mad oils.  Also black pearl from nurture soap supplies.  I'm pretty sure I used a lot and my soap pouf thing will be very colored!

I was thrilled with the top and was hoping the inside would be just as beautiful.


But then I think I overheated it and the top went haywire!  Nooooo!


So I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best when I cut it.








Well, not too shabby.  This was definitely a fun challenge and it actually gave me some ideas for future soap designs.  I absolutely love the color combination and love that there are really unique designs in the soap.  I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with!

Happy soaping!

Comments

  1. I love the contrast in your colors and the swirls are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to try this color combo again.

      Delete
  2. Not too shabby indeed! You got great results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I have most of those colors and will definitely try the combination out. Great contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so groovy!!! :) Really pretty, fluid swirls and that color combo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I definitely think the top looks groovy. LOL! I would've loved that design throughout.

      Delete
  5. Love how different each bar is - uniquely different. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's what I love about this design, how different each bar is.

      Delete
  6. This is really cool, it's like looking at the Earth from outer space. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the best and most creative compliment ever! Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful soap Milla, the colors are so pretty together, and your swirls look great, third time was the charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just could not give up on the one!

      Delete
  8. Wow, that's beautiful, Milla! Third time's a charm. I'll have to add the spin swirl to my to-try list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy moly - your colors are amazing! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely use those colors again!

      Delete
  10. I am enormously impressed! I'm not a fan of slab molds either, but I think it would be worth it for those results! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to work on not overheating my slab mold soaps. I want them to gel, but they work so differently than log molds.

      Delete
  11. That's gorgeous! I love the colours you chose and the way the blend so beautifully in the swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the colors you chose, what a great combination, and the swirl is amazing! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

  13. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts